Summer has official come to a close in my little real life world. Summertime is a time that I stop just about all writing about Second Life because it’s too damn nice to be cooped up in a house. There are trails to be hiked. Places to be visited. Sun to stare at.
Well…not stared at exactly…you know what I mean.
I’m trying to get back into the swing of writing virtual things again but this takes me a few. I need to try to get ahead a little bit in the writing so I’m not constantly going “Holy Shit! I should put something out!”.
Same goes for the Raglan Report Podcast that I am a part of. I need to update that site and actually record a podcast.
The end of Summer is hard.
So…I’m plotting my plots and whateves to start back into another fun-filled explosion of writing proportions.
Sim Location: Prim River National Forest (Which will probably be reviewed soon! Woo!)
Summer is an extremely busy time of the year for me in that place we call “The Real World”.
Real stuff always getting in the way of our virtual lives. Bah!
Summer is a time to take a break and a small vacation. Who doesn’t love vacations???!!!???
Assholes. That’s who!
I will be putting things out throughout the entire Summer but it might be randomly put out with no thought to schedules. That’s what the Summer should be all about. A time to go out into the world, soak up the sun, drink a bunch of fancy drinks that have umbrellas in them, pretend you know how to grill a zucchini without it falling through the grill rack, and just flat-out have fun. Just keep checking back periodically and there might be something out. We’ll get back to a normal writing schedule in the Fall.
I have to put a picture of something up so I put one up of my biggie.
So Go! Get off of your computers and have a bit of fun this Summer. Before you know it Summer will be gone.
..And I Can’t Stop Staring…..
There seems to be some sort of rule where I have to quote “Baby Got Back” at least a few times a year. If I don’t then, I don’t know, the universe will explode due to lack of booty. Or something like that. We at the SLA Review are dedicated to telling you stuff about virtual stuff as well as filling our quota of giant ass pictures. Now…put the song on and feast your eyes upon this virtual big butt.
I don’t have an anaconda Mr. Mix A Lot Sir. I also don’t seem to own a Mercedes but I do dislike Cosmo.
Bet you didn’t know you needed to see this to start your day off right.
No Need To Thank Me! You’re Welcome!
Side Note: Yes. I didn’t miss the pointy boobs. They just about poked me in the eye.
Yup. It’s Friday.
Time to grab a few (or a lot) of drinks. Kick back. Relax. Get ready for the weekend. OK. Now what do you do? We can’t help you with your real life social calendar but DAMN IT we can help you with your virtual one! Here are a few things to see or do for a perfect virtual weekend.
1. If you’re an absolutely insane crazy person then you could try to hit up The Arcade which starts on Sunday June 1st. I enjoy the gacha arcade because it’s a great way to get nice mesh decor cheap. (I’m not the type of person to spend 1000’s of L$ trying to get a rare item). So…if you’re insane….have this thing for virtual shopping…..and enjoy laggy retail punishment then check out The Arcade.
2. I mentioned this yesterday in an article but a reminder that Mad City will be closing down for good. Don’t forget to stop by one last time on Saturday May 31st at 1pm SLT to find out what happens when it rains non-stop on a sim for a year and a half.
3. If you’re into watching Giant Snail Racing on Treet Tv. (If not then you really should get with it and check it out.) racing will be happening in the Raglan Shire on Saturday May 31st at 11am SLT. (Be sure to get their before the start of the race.) If you are interested in racing then be sure to purchase a starting position scarf here today (don’t wait till the last-minute). The race should be happening around this spot. Proceeds go to RFL.
4. If you have this overwhelming urge, and I know many of you do, to eat cake then I suggest checking out a little place called Cake Me Away. It’s simply decorated but has a lot of seating if you’re looking for a place to chat with friends. Also…they have cake…can’t really go wrong with that.
Lot’s of information on things to do today! I hope this helps everyone out this weekend!
Many of you have probably heard of Mad City – A Mad Pea Production that started out with a rainy street and the Peacock Hotel that hosted the “Room 326″ hunt in December of 2012. I actually remember this well as I went, took pictures, and actually wrote something about it in January of 2013. This wasn’t the only time I found myself in Mad City as I used it multiple times to take rainy gloom filled photos.
I am sad to inform everyone that has enjoyed this sim that Mad City will be closing on Saturday May 31st. This was a wonderful city to not only take photos in but wander around and look at the decor.
I’m going to miss Mad City because I loved being able to go to a sim with amazing rain, hang out in a little corner diner, or splash through the virtual puddles.
It’s been raining in Mad City for a year and a half so it was bound to probably flood at some point! On May 31st at 1pm slt the weather forecast is predicting severely heavy rains. Come see if the city floods!
Grab an umbrella and visit this rainy town before it is no more.
Important Links And SLurls For You:
SLurl To Mad City (Outside Of The Peacock Hotel)
The last day for Mad City is Saturday May 31st. Be sure to check them out at 1pm to see if the weather gets so severe that it floods the whole town!
Hello and welcome to another “What the hell am I going to do on Second Life?” Friday!
Today we have a place to visit as well as two special events going on in the big bad virtual world of Second Life. Because I have some special events I’m highlighting for stuffs to do its kinda hard to have pictures of them. Haven’t exactly happened yet. So…here’s a picture of me wearing a helmet just for the hell of it.
We have some stuff going on this weekend as well as into next week so let’s get right to it!
1. At The Tiny Outpost Tiny Wings Airfield And Hangers you can see some flyin’ fun as they take flight on Sunday May 25th at 2pm SLT for the Warbug Dog Fight. Music as well as great prizes! Get your planes ready!
2. When its beautiful out I love going to a park or taking time to hike around nature. Sometimes, be it weather or other things, we’re unable to do this. That’s when Second Life can come in handy to get your nature fix. I’m recommending you take a trip to Sheepville this weekend. First off you can’t go wrong with a name like “Sheepville”! Seriously…it’s a beautiful little village that has everything from a pub to various activities. What I love about this village is the fact that there are villagers going about their daily routine.
3. On Wednesday May 28th at 4pm SLT there will be a Tiny Invasion Event at the World Goth Fair. Random goth fun for a good cause! Come on out and support the Sophie Lancaster Foundation and have a bit of fun doing it. (Official World Goth Fair Website)
Have a wonderful weekend and beyond everyone!
I usually don’t write about anything fashion or shopping related because it’s not my mug of beer. When a friend of mine approached me and asked me if I would mention the World Goth Fair in Second Life I was on board because it’s for a good cause. Fashion is fashion but a good cause will get me writing.
First things first was to go forth and dress the part. You cannot go wrong with a spider web dress and large black “bride of Frankenstein” hair.
The World Goth Fair is an annual Second Life event (officially sanctioned by the World Goth Day people) to benefit the Sophie Lancaster Foundation. (If you don’t know what this foundation is then I suggest you read about them.)
The World Goth Fair is set up into three sims with three different ratings:
I had a lot of fun not only looking at the various items people had up for sale but it was fun to talk to others who were there for a good cause. I saw a very nice lady with a lizard tail. You have to love the freedom of a virtual world to let people be whoever, or whatever, they want to be!
Even if you’re not big into the whole goth thing I still suggest visiting and donating to a worthy cause. If you are into the scene/look then many of the vendors have items set up where 50% (and a few even at 100%) of the proceeds going to the Sophie Lancaster Foundation. The fair is until June 1st so hurry up and take a look!
Info For You:
Official World Goth Fair In Second Life Website. Fair will go until June 1st.
SLurl To Fair (I’m giving you the General one here)
Learn More About World Goth Day
I want to thank my friend Alexis who not only pointed me in the fairs direction and asked for me to mention it and it’s cause. She has a store called “Tiny Bit Radikal” who is a vendor at this event. You can find her stuff located in the Port Seraphine sim.
I like crafts. I do own a bottle of glue. I happen to even have scissors.
Did you know that 63% of people knit? I didn’t know this but the internet told me so. I’m assuming that most of you reading this do some sort of crafting. I actually painted a flower-pot the other day. Crafting is HUGE!
If you’re interested in crafts, chatting with others, and even working on a project in real life while others do the same then I suggest you check out the Tiny Crafters Meetings in Tinyopolis every Saturday from Noon-3pm SLT. It doesn’t matter if you’re into knitting, whittling, or whatever crafty craft thing you do because everyone is welcome to come and talk to like-minded people. I plan on taking the time to go to a meeting sometime soon!
I know a lot of people in real life who do crafts and something like the Tiny Crafters Meetings is a great place for those who have never tried Second Life to come in and met people with the same interests as them.
I wanted to write about the Tiny Crafters Meetings because I am in LOVE with the idea of people getting together and doing something constructive and different in a virtual world. There are a lot of clubs in Second Life. There is a lot of music and dancing and people yelling “Wooo!” everywhere you go. Personally…it gets kinda boring after a while. People have interests that are more than just watching an avatar shake their groove thang. This is where the creative people of the grid really shine when it comes to ideas and fun that is above the norm. I’m glad that there is something like the Tiny Crafters Meetings so that people can gather to share ideas, chat, and do craft stuffs.
Craft on my friends. Craft on.
The Tiny Crafters Meetings are every Saturday from Noon-3pm SLT upstairs in the Waffle House in Tinyopolis. Everyone who is into crafts are welcome.
Woo! Friday! Yeah! Friday! Friday! Friday!
Ahh..Sorry! I got a little caught up in the moment there. It’s Friday and that means the weekend has finally decided to visit us. You’re home. You might have a beer in your hand. (I happen to have a martini in mine) and you’re sitting in front of your computer. Now’s the time to start thinking about what you would like to do virtually in the big wide world of Second Life. You don’t want to just virtually lay around doing nothing! How boring is that?
To help you out I’ve made a list of three special events going on that are worth a visit.
1. Fantasy Faire – I absolutely LOVE the Fantasy Faire! It’s a once a year event that benefits Relay For Life. Many creative sims are set up with different themes that are something you cannot miss seeing. I have to recommend the Wiggenstead Mooring Sim that is sponsored by Tiny Inc.
The design for this sim makes me want to find a way to recreate it on my own land. It is simply amazing! Go…shop…help RFL! You only have until Sunday May 11th so HURRY!! (You can also visit the official Fantasy Faire Website right HERE.)
2. If you’re looking for a place for some good music, dancing, and wonderful company then I highly recommend visiting the Rainbow Tinies Event which is every Friday from 2-4pm SLT with DJ Eagle. The Rainbow Tinies is a G rated group for anyone who is interested in discussing LBGT matters as well as giving people a safe place to be themselves. Everyone is welcome!
3. Don’t forget that the Raglan Shire Artwalk is going on from now until May 25th. I cannot express enough how amazing it is to see such great art by the residents of Second Life.
Don’t forget to check out the Raglan Shire Events Calendar for all of the latest events. At 2pm SLT Saturday May 8th the Changhigh Dancers will be performing. Art and events. You can’t go wrong with that!
I hope this helps you to have a kick ass virtual weekend!