I’m a couple of hours early this year saying this but better early than not at all. Or whatever.
I wanted to start out by wishing everyone a wonderfully shamrock-y, possibly green liquor filled, “Kiss Me I’m Irish”, St. Paddy’s Day.
Yes…I said St. Patty’s Day in the picture. To those who grammar attacked me right when I posted this. Go fuck yourself. With a shamrock if you’re so inclined.
Back to what I was saying…..
Mr. C. Cow and I have nothing majorly planned for this years drink lots o’ things holiday. We plan on hanging out in my virtual front yard and working on things I need to work on. I know. We’re so exciting! But…as you can see from the picture we do own a still so suck it sobriety!
Someone needs to make me a real life shirt that says “Suck It Sobriety!”
As for real life it’s a freakin’ Tuesday. Blah. Tuesday. Bishop has to work. I have my work that I have to do. It will be 80 degrees out so I might say screw it and take my work to the lake. Nothing makes you feel better about doing shit then doing it next to a body of water out in the sun.
I do have a bottle of nice Irish whiskey that I do plan on drinking a bit of in honor of my Irish roots. Do you REALLY think I would miss an opportunity to drink that is sorta socially acceptable? Of course not silly people!
Also…I just like whiskey. Don’t need a holiday to drink it but damn it I have an excuse on a Tuesday.
I hope that everyone has a wonderful green wearing, binge drinking, possibly kissing people who are pretending to be Irish, as much fun as one can have on a Tuesday!
Don’t be idiots! Stay Safe!
Happy New Year From All Of Us!
We had a wonderful New Years Eve this year. We danced. We sang. We played music. We drank.
No hangovers…it’s a gift…
Mr. C. Cow & I had to much fun. We shared a giant martini then while I danced on it he licked the olives. He really digs olives. Bishop didn’t get in our photo. He took the photo & laughed at how the olive was making Mr. C. Cow go “blaaahhhhh” while he kept licking it.
We hope that everyone had an absolutely magical (and safe) New Years Eve. And here’s to having a wonderful New Years day (as well as an awesome 2014)
As Autumn hits I find myself getting back into the swing of hot beverages. Coffee. Hot Chocolate. Hot Tea (My Favorite). As I trekked my way across the grid I happened to stumble upon a small coffee-house in Second Life called the Autumn Cafe (G) that combines a love of small coffee houses with the season.
It is a very small place. Just a small skybox with a well thought out idea of what a coffee-house would look like in the Fall. Autumn leaves. Bonfires. Bookshelves & a feeling of home.
I enjoy the small, out-of-the-way places we sometimes stumble upon in our travels. The Autumn Cafe (G) would make a good place to take a friend for a conversation or get virtual work done in a quiet setting with no interruptions. There isn’t too much more one can say on this place except it’s nice & laid back. If you’re looking for a place on the grid to get away from the “Wolf Howling” gestures & the crowds then give The Autumn Cafe (G) a visit.
I know that many of us will be watching the returns tonight in the Presidential Election. For those that will be hiding in SL & trying to avoid any political chit-chat I have a plan where you don’t have to get into a heated argument. Let’s just drink! This is a perfect idea for anyone who wants to throw an election night SL party or just need a great excuse to start drinking.
Tipsy’s Election 2012 Drinking Game.
1. Anytime anyone mentions the fact that “Ohio” is an important state to win Take A Drink.
2. If they say that a state is “Too Close To Call!” Take A Shot.
3. If “Binders Full Of Woman” is mentioned then Take A Shot.
4. If a long shot of a line of voters is shown then Chug Until They Are Done Showing The Line.
5. Chug Directly Out Of The Bottle if a friend or relative on any social media posts something about “If (insert candidate) wins I’m moving to a different country!”.
6. Take A Drink when a state is declared red or blue.
7. Take A Shot if someone uses the word “Landslide”.
8. Take A Drink if someone uses the word “Bible Belt“. Take A Shot if you live in the “bible belt.”
9, Chug From The Bottle if they interview a “man on the street” that says something flat-out stupid.
10. Take A Drink for the words “Battleground States” or “Projected Winner“.
Don’t forget to vote! And please…drink responsibly!
“Tipsy” (For Second Life President) Cerulean
I hope that everyone in the states had a wonderful Labor Day. And I hope that everyone else had a wonderful Monday yesterday.
What did I do over the holiday weekend? Watched a LOT of baseball. Bishop made a lot of Long Island Ice Teas. I might have made a few new SL friends but I”m not too sure do to all of the beer & long island ice teas. Mr. C. Cow played a lot of card games with Andy the yard panda.
Doctor Who’s new season started this past Saturday so I spent the entire day dressed as a tiny Dalek in Second Life. I thought, since I ended up taking numerous photos, I would share my story of grid hopping as a Dalek.
I’ve learned a few things while wandering the grid as a tiny Dalek. When you go to a playground & there are people around they tend to stare at you. Especially when you keep yelling exterminate at an elephant toy & shoot lasers at it. I also found out that they are not too excited to get on a see-saw with you.
After exterminating the hell out of various playground equipment I decided that it might be a good idea to clean up around the ol’ SL homestead. I found that I have a knack for exterminating the hell out of baked on grease that just won’t go away.
After finishing up the dishes I decided to take in a show. After about 15 minutes of watching happy sheep & pigs dance around I didn’t feel like exterminating avatars around the grid. I actually felt, what was that emotion called again, happy. Yes. I think you might call it happy. I am really losing my touch.
While I was leaving the show I ran into a really ticked off bunny who got in my way. After, seeing as I was still exploring this happy feeling, politely explained to him that you will obey the Dalek’s. And get the hell out of my way. After this ticked off bunny “kindly” explained to me that he was not going to move I no longer wanted to figure out this happy feeling. I just decided to go back to exterminating.
So much for no longer wanting to exterminate around the grid! A Daleks gotta do what a Daleks gotta do.
Photos Taken At:
Mr. C. Cow & I enjoying a cocktail as well as the dish washing photo were both taken at my personal home.
Playground: Family Fun Park
Animal Theater & Ticked Off Bunny: D-Lab
Sometimes you have nothing going on but drinking a few cocktails/shots/gallons of beer on a weekend. Then sometimes you end up wandering into Second Life slightly drunk. Or really drunk. It’s happened to me. (No! Really!) as well as a few people I’ve known on SL throughout the years.
OK. I will admit that they were drinking because I was drinking. I am a bad influence.
Today we’ll discuss the rules of drinking on Second Life. Before one learns of places to go one must know the rules of drinking etiquette grasshopper.
Since we are discussing the rules of getting drunk & being on Second Life I thought I should dress the part. I, Tipsy, will take you on the magical journey while appropriately dressed, of the in’s & out’s of a Second Life booze-aholic.
1. DO NOT break the rules of wherever you are. It’s both annoying & wrong. Being drunk is not an excuse to be an ass. Griefing is NEVER THE ANSWER. Follow their set rules, dress rules, rating rules. Just follow them.
2. If you find that you can no longer hold a conversation without typing stuff like “fadfadsf Fuck!” then it’s time you stepped away from interacting with others. If you are still sober enough to actually be on SL then the best place for you is a movie theater or someplace where you can sit, not move, or have to talk to anyone.
3. Try not to say something drunk stupid while in-world. It’s equal to drunk dialing or texting. You don’t want to wake up the next day then remember that you said something you shouldn’t have. We’ve all been there.
4. I recommend either trekking the grid with either a sober person or someone who is not as drunk as you. Think of it as a safety guard to prevent your stupid ass from doing something you shouldn’t. Even pro drinkers sometimes need a safety person. Or to do the safety dance. I always get them mixed up.
5. If you can not maintain while drunk then don’t bother going on Second Life. There is a certain art to being able to combine drinking while being in a virtual world. I will start out now by recommending that you don’t do this if you can’t handle your liquor. Lightweights need to stick to video games. Trust me on this people.
6. Avoid social media if you are really good at saying things you probably shouldn’t mutter.
7. You know I have to say this but it is true. Drink responsibly. It’s alcohol. Don’t be an idiot.
8. So & so pissed you off in the past. (Insert name here) use to be your friend/significant other/ball gagged bath mat. Should I contact them? NO! Don’t do it! It’s never a good idea to drunkenly contact people from your past. You will not only regret it but you’ll look like an alcoholic jackass if you do. The past is the past for a reason. Keep it that way.
9. Drunk people like to talk sometimes. Please remember that this is the internet. Don’t, in your drunken state, tell people personal things you wouldn’t tell discuss any other time. When you wake up the next morning with a lampshade on your head, your bank account is empty, & someone named “Bolt” keeps IM-ing you that your tits are awesome then you know it’s too late. Do the safety dance people!
10. If you do find yourself in a situation where you are so drunk that you cannot see straight, can’t type, & probably shouldn’t be using a computer then get off of Second Life. Being blindly drunk is not a great thing in a virtual world. Buzz good. Blindly drunk not good. Get off the computer & take care of yourself.
The main key is to have fun, be safe with your drinking, follow the rules, & don’t be an asshole. If you can do all of that then your slightly inebriated time on Second Life should be a total blast.
Next week we’ll get into the many great places to go while drinking & on Second Life!
I wanted to share an Easter Card I made for everyone. I hope the Easter bunny brought you lots of chocolate bunnies, jelly beans, & mini bottles of booze.
The Easter Bunny always fills my basket with cool stuff.
Next week is Spring Break around here. Not going anywhere except the local state parks for some hiking if the weather is nice. I’m using it as a week to just chill out. I’ve been working extra hard to try to put out the usual amount of stuff but forgive me if I’m slow this coming week. I’m on vacation!
Have A Wonderful Holiday!
Baseball is back!
The Detroit Tigers Are Playing The Red Sox today at home!
When baseball season starts I become OBSESSED with it. Ask anyone who knows me personally. OBSESSSED! I read the baseball news, listen or watch EVERY GAME, get really passionate, dominate sports conversation with “St” Bishop, get drunk & discuss it with the hot bartender at the sports bar.
I love football A LOT but NOTHING can compare to my passion about baseball. I weep when the seasons over because I know I have to wait too long for it to come back. I’m a junkie.
I have been a Detroit Tigers Fan as well as a Toledo Mud Hens (Minor League) since I was a small child. Growing up where I did I have been to countless professional games in Detroit as well as a slew of Toledo Mud Hens games. My fathers love became my passion as well.
I am a dedicated, diehard, sometimes total BITCH of a fan & I wouldn’t have it any other way.
As I was wandering around carrying a baseball bat in Second Life I noticed the lack of anything baseball related in-world. Anything that could be considered substantial anyways. I’m not talking shopping here people. I’m talking actually baseball. No stadium. No hall of fame. Not even a batting cage. Boxing, football (both types), hockey, racing, basketball, etc, are present in our little virtual world. Hell. I even belonged to a virtual roller derby team for a while.
Where’s the baseball damn it!
I searched through various SL baseball related groups. I found quite a few for a SL baseball league but none of the landmarks were valid anymore in any profiles. None of the information was up to date. Many had moved on to different sports.
I know that we had it at one point but it seems to have died away. Maybe there is some back lot virtual baseball hiding someplace. I just have to keep digging. Hopefully I don’t run into the fight club of baseball. Tipsy will fuck a bitch up baby.
Whatever happens in SL baseball stays in SL baseball!
With the presence of so many other sports I feel we need to revitalize the virtual baseball league. We could even televise the games. I think that I’m not the only one who thinks this is an excellent idea.
Detroit Tigers Vs. Red Socks starts at 1:05pm est (Not only is it their first game of the season it’s also the home opener.)
First Toledo Mud Hens Game (which is also their home opener) VS. Indy is at 5pm est. on Friday April 6th.
I can watch both games because I have mlb.tv & milb.tv. If you want to listen to the Mud Hens game for free just use iheartradio. It’s what I use when I’m not at home.
Happy St. Patty’s Day From The SLA Review!
Someone thought it would be funny to take pictures of me at the company Patty’s Day party.
C. Cow was passed out in a corner so he was unable to dance on the table with me. Probably a good thing because, knowing Mr. C. Cow he would have stepped on the cake.
Have a fun & safe holiday!
Used Picnik to just crop photo & add the awesome frame to the photo for that “We caught Tipsy dancing on a table!” look.
St. Patty’s Day is almost upon us. Time to pull out your green & get to pub crawling.
To help you on your quest for a virtually drunken holiday here are a few pubs to get you started. To find your own pubs to celebrate use the keywords “Irish Pub” in the Second Life Search.
Good luck on your pub crawl!