Thither art a few things i cannot intermit in this ordinary. i cannot intermit the promiseth of mead, a possible peasant revolt, and the ability to weareth a coronet whenev’r possible.
You’re probably wondering a few things right now. What the hell did Tipsy just say? How did she say it? (Translator Baby) And…why is she talking like that?
It’s that time of the year again for the Raglan Shire to get their medieval on. September is a month full of ratpops, castles, things that make you feel like you walked into a ren faire mixed with Monty Python (Not a bad thing), and the possibility of finding various foods on sticks. (I happened to find a waffle, pancake, cookie, AND nachos on a stick.)
This is the 8th Annual Raglan Shire Medieval Festival and it does not feel stale like many reoccurring yearly Second Life affairs. Every year, from the various events to the decor, it gives you a feeling of ye ol’ days gone by mixed with the silly fun that only the residents of the Shire can provide.
I do want to point out that each year the Shire raises funds to support various adopted animals.
Elish The Giraffe – ZSL Zoo In London
Malayan Tapir Named Fluffy – Sedgwick Zoo In Kansas
You can find where to donate by looking for the signs.
The shire medieval festival only runs through septemb’r so don’t misseth out on this amazing nonce!
The Lady Of Libations – “Tipsy” Cerulean
Important SLurls And Web Links:
I put together a wee something for this years festival by turning my in-world office into a tavern. Come check out the Ye Ol’ Drunken Bovine!
Yup. It’s Friday.
Time to grab a few (or a lot) of drinks. Kick back. Relax. Get ready for the weekend. OK. Now what do you do? We can’t help you with your real life social calendar but DAMN IT we can help you with your virtual one! Here are a few things to see or do for a perfect virtual weekend.
1. If you’re an absolutely insane crazy person then you could try to hit up The Arcade which starts on Sunday June 1st. I enjoy the gacha arcade because it’s a great way to get nice mesh decor cheap. (I’m not the type of person to spend 1000’s of L$ trying to get a rare item). So…if you’re insane….have this thing for virtual shopping…..and enjoy laggy retail punishment then check out The Arcade.
2. I mentioned this yesterday in an article but a reminder that Mad City will be closing down for good. Don’t forget to stop by one last time on Saturday May 31st at 1pm SLT to find out what happens when it rains non-stop on a sim for a year and a half.
3. If you’re into watching Giant Snail Racing on Treet Tv. (If not then you really should get with it and check it out.) racing will be happening in the Raglan Shire on Saturday May 31st at 11am SLT. (Be sure to get their before the start of the race.) If you are interested in racing then be sure to purchase a starting position scarf here today (don’t wait till the last-minute). The race should be happening around this spot. Proceeds go to RFL.
4. If you have this overwhelming urge, and I know many of you do, to eat cake then I suggest checking out a little place called Cake Me Away. It’s simply decorated but has a lot of seating if you’re looking for a place to chat with friends. Also…they have cake…can’t really go wrong with that.
Lot’s of information on things to do today! I hope this helps everyone out this weekend!
Woo! Friday! Yeah! Friday! Friday! Friday!
Ahh..Sorry! I got a little caught up in the moment there. It’s Friday and that means the weekend has finally decided to visit us. You’re home. You might have a beer in your hand. (I happen to have a martini in mine) and you’re sitting in front of your computer. Now’s the time to start thinking about what you would like to do virtually in the big wide world of Second Life. You don’t want to just virtually lay around doing nothing! How boring is that?
To help you out I’ve made a list of three special events going on that are worth a visit.
1. Fantasy Faire – I absolutely LOVE the Fantasy Faire! It’s a once a year event that benefits Relay For Life. Many creative sims are set up with different themes that are something you cannot miss seeing. I have to recommend the Wiggenstead Mooring Sim that is sponsored by Tiny Inc.
The design for this sim makes me want to find a way to recreate it on my own land. It is simply amazing! Go…shop…help RFL! You only have until Sunday May 11th so HURRY!! (You can also visit the official Fantasy Faire Website right HERE.)
2. If you’re looking for a place for some good music, dancing, and wonderful company then I highly recommend visiting the Rainbow Tinies Event which is every Friday from 2-4pm SLT with DJ Eagle. The Rainbow Tinies is a G rated group for anyone who is interested in discussing LBGT matters as well as giving people a safe place to be themselves. Everyone is welcome!
3. Don’t forget that the Raglan Shire Artwalk is going on from now until May 25th. I cannot express enough how amazing it is to see such great art by the residents of Second Life.
Don’t forget to check out the Raglan Shire Events Calendar for all of the latest events. At 2pm SLT Saturday May 8th the Changhigh Dancers will be performing. Art and events. You can’t go wrong with that!
I hope this helps you to have a kick ass virtual weekend!
The Raglan Shire Artwalk 2014 is officially upon us! I get excited each year when the artwalk comes around because it shows that not only can residents in the virtual world of Second Life come together to showcase their creations but people from all walks of the grid converge on the Shire to share their appreciation of art. This is a large yearly event that has over 140 artists that is not just for the folks of the Raglan Shire but the entire grid itself. Big, small, furry, or whatever you are it’s all about the art.
The artwalk spans over six areas so there is a lot to see. I recommend checking out the handy-dandy maps you’ll see around the Shire so you’ll know where everything is. (3d & 2d art as well as sculptures and everything arty)
I live in as well as have the Raglan Report Office in Morning Shire and it was an absolute pleasure to be able to walk just a few steps down the Shire path to see some of the best art shared by so many people.
You never know what you’ll run into at art walk. As I wandered around admiring so much talent a caterpillar passed on by with a few riders.
There is so much amazing art going on that I cannot possibly share it all with you. I HIGHLY recommend you come and check out the talent of so many people, pick up some free artwalk swag at the Tree Stump Swag Area, as well as check out the Shire’s Calendar of events for various art related parties/performances/etc.
Art! On A Hedge!
Important Info To Know:
The Raglan Shire Artwalk 2014 will be around until Sunday May 25th. You can visit the Official Raglan Shire Webpage for more information.
Raglan Shire Calendar Of Events
Don’t know what Second Life is? Want to be a part of SL so you can go to such amazing events like Artwalk? Then visit the official Second Life website for more information.
I want to thank those who have worked so hard to put on this years artwalk. From the people who set it all up, to the artists, to those that make it all run smoothly. Thank you for all you do!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Mr. C. Cow & I started our day out by hanging out at the podcast office celebrating our Irish-ness. Earlier he was hanging out by the taxi offering everyone a drink.
I think he ended up wandering back inside mooing something about “learning how to jig”. I’m hoping her learns how because I could really use a jigging partner. I bet you didn’t realize that Mr. C. Cow is part Irish. His Uncle Oisin was an Irish Moiled. I’m not exactly sure if he’s making this up or not (He did try to tell me once that he was related to Jimooooo Hendrix). Doesn’t matter to me if he’s fibbing a bit because he’s having fun being Irish today.
We’ve recently remodeled the offices to give us a place to do live podcasts for the Raglan Shire, as well as give everyone a place to hang out. What’s the point of having a place if people can’t hang out in it?
Right now we’ve got a place to chill and chat, our live podcast area, as well as Cheesy & Chatterbox for anyone to come and play. Feel free to wander around, get information on what we do, & have a bit of fun while you’re at it.
We all hope that you have a wonderful, and safe, St. Patty’s Day. I think I just heard a large “CRASH” which means that either Mr. C. Cow fell over due to too much Irish alcoholic beverages or he knocked over a lamp while trying to eat the rugs again.
May your beer be green and your luck be Irish today!
SLurls & Links & Stuff: