Thither art a few things i cannot intermit in this ordinary. i cannot intermit the promiseth of mead, a possible peasant revolt, and the ability to weareth a coronet whenev’r possible.
You’re probably wondering a few things right now. What the hell did Tipsy just say? How did she say it? (Translator Baby) And…why is she talking like that?
It’s that time of the year again for the Raglan Shire to get their medieval on. September is a month full of ratpops, castles, things that make you feel like you walked into a ren faire mixed with Monty Python (Not a bad thing), and the possibility of finding various foods on sticks. (I happened to find a waffle, pancake, cookie, AND nachos on a stick.)
This is the 8th Annual Raglan Shire Medieval Festival and it does not feel stale like many reoccurring yearly Second Life affairs. Every year, from the various events to the decor, it gives you a feeling of ye ol’ days gone by mixed with the silly fun that only the residents of the Shire can provide.
I do want to point out that each year the Shire raises funds to support various adopted animals.
Elish The Giraffe – ZSL Zoo In London
Malayan Tapir Named Fluffy – Sedgwick Zoo In Kansas
You can find where to donate by looking for the signs.
The shire medieval festival only runs through septemb’r so don’t misseth out on this amazing nonce!
The Lady Of Libations – “Tipsy” Cerulean
Important SLurls And Web Links:
I put together a wee something for this years festival by turning my in-world office into a tavern. Come check out the Ye Ol’ Drunken Bovine!
Yup. It’s Friday.
Time to grab a few (or a lot) of drinks. Kick back. Relax. Get ready for the weekend. OK. Now what do you do? We can’t help you with your real life social calendar but DAMN IT we can help you with your virtual one! Here are a few things to see or do for a perfect virtual weekend.
1. If you’re an absolutely insane crazy person then you could try to hit up The Arcade which starts on Sunday June 1st. I enjoy the gacha arcade because it’s a great way to get nice mesh decor cheap. (I’m not the type of person to spend 1000’s of L$ trying to get a rare item). So…if you’re insane….have this thing for virtual shopping…..and enjoy laggy retail punishment then check out The Arcade.
2. I mentioned this yesterday in an article but a reminder that Mad City will be closing down for good. Don’t forget to stop by one last time on Saturday May 31st at 1pm SLT to find out what happens when it rains non-stop on a sim for a year and a half.
3. If you’re into watching Giant Snail Racing on Treet Tv. (If not then you really should get with it and check it out.) racing will be happening in the Raglan Shire on Saturday May 31st at 11am SLT. (Be sure to get their before the start of the race.) If you are interested in racing then be sure to purchase a starting position scarf here today (don’t wait till the last-minute). The race should be happening around this spot. Proceeds go to RFL.
4. If you have this overwhelming urge, and I know many of you do, to eat cake then I suggest checking out a little place called Cake Me Away. It’s simply decorated but has a lot of seating if you’re looking for a place to chat with friends. Also…they have cake…can’t really go wrong with that.
Lot’s of information on things to do today! I hope this helps everyone out this weekend!
Many of you have probably heard of Mad City – A Mad Pea Production that started out with a rainy street and the Peacock Hotel that hosted the “Room 326” hunt in December of 2012. I actually remember this well as I went, took pictures, and actually wrote something about it in January of 2013. This wasn’t the only time I found myself in Mad City as I used it multiple times to take rainy gloom filled photos.
I am sad to inform everyone that has enjoyed this sim that Mad City will be closing on Saturday May 31st. This was a wonderful city to not only take photos in but wander around and look at the decor.
I’m going to miss Mad City because I loved being able to go to a sim with amazing rain, hang out in a little corner diner, or splash through the virtual puddles.
It’s been raining in Mad City for a year and a half so it was bound to probably flood at some point! On May 31st at 1pm slt the weather forecast is predicting severely heavy rains. Come see if the city floods!
Grab an umbrella and visit this rainy town before it is no more.
Important Links And SLurls For You:
SLurl To Mad City (Outside Of The Peacock Hotel)
The last day for Mad City is Saturday May 31st. Be sure to check them out at 1pm to see if the weather gets so severe that it floods the whole town!
Hello and welcome to another “What the hell am I going to do on Second Life?” Friday!
Today we have a place to visit as well as two special events going on in the big bad virtual world of Second Life. Because I have some special events I’m highlighting for stuffs to do its kinda hard to have pictures of them. Haven’t exactly happened yet. So…here’s a picture of me wearing a helmet just for the hell of it.
We have some stuff going on this weekend as well as into next week so let’s get right to it!
1. At The Tiny Outpost Tiny Wings Airfield And Hangers you can see some flyin’ fun as they take flight on Sunday May 25th at 2pm SLT for the Warbug Dog Fight. Music as well as great prizes! Get your planes ready!
2. When its beautiful out I love going to a park or taking time to hike around nature. Sometimes, be it weather or other things, we’re unable to do this. That’s when Second Life can come in handy to get your nature fix. I’m recommending you take a trip to Sheepville this weekend. First off you can’t go wrong with a name like “Sheepville”! Seriously…it’s a beautiful little village that has everything from a pub to various activities. What I love about this village is the fact that there are villagers going about their daily routine.
3. On Wednesday May 28th at 4pm SLT there will be a Tiny Invasion Event at the World Goth Fair. Random goth fun for a good cause! Come on out and support the Sophie Lancaster Foundation and have a bit of fun doing it. (Official World Goth Fair Website)
Have a wonderful weekend and beyond everyone!
Woo! Friday! Yeah! Friday! Friday! Friday!
Ahh..Sorry! I got a little caught up in the moment there. It’s Friday and that means the weekend has finally decided to visit us. You’re home. You might have a beer in your hand. (I happen to have a martini in mine) and you’re sitting in front of your computer. Now’s the time to start thinking about what you would like to do virtually in the big wide world of Second Life. You don’t want to just virtually lay around doing nothing! How boring is that?
To help you out I’ve made a list of three special events going on that are worth a visit.
1. Fantasy Faire – I absolutely LOVE the Fantasy Faire! It’s a once a year event that benefits Relay For Life. Many creative sims are set up with different themes that are something you cannot miss seeing. I have to recommend the Wiggenstead Mooring Sim that is sponsored by Tiny Inc.
The design for this sim makes me want to find a way to recreate it on my own land. It is simply amazing! Go…shop…help RFL! You only have until Sunday May 11th so HURRY!! (You can also visit the official Fantasy Faire Website right HERE.)
2. If you’re looking for a place for some good music, dancing, and wonderful company then I highly recommend visiting the Rainbow Tinies Event which is every Friday from 2-4pm SLT with DJ Eagle. The Rainbow Tinies is a G rated group for anyone who is interested in discussing LBGT matters as well as giving people a safe place to be themselves. Everyone is welcome!
3. Don’t forget that the Raglan Shire Artwalk is going on from now until May 25th. I cannot express enough how amazing it is to see such great art by the residents of Second Life.
Don’t forget to check out the Raglan Shire Events Calendar for all of the latest events. At 2pm SLT Saturday May 8th the Changhigh Dancers will be performing. Art and events. You can’t go wrong with that!
I hope this helps you to have a kick ass virtual weekend!
The Raglan Shire Artwalk 2014 is officially upon us! I get excited each year when the artwalk comes around because it shows that not only can residents in the virtual world of Second Life come together to showcase their creations but people from all walks of the grid converge on the Shire to share their appreciation of art. This is a large yearly event that has over 140 artists that is not just for the folks of the Raglan Shire but the entire grid itself. Big, small, furry, or whatever you are it’s all about the art.
The artwalk spans over six areas so there is a lot to see. I recommend checking out the handy-dandy maps you’ll see around the Shire so you’ll know where everything is. (3d & 2d art as well as sculptures and everything arty)
I live in as well as have the Raglan Report Office in Morning Shire and it was an absolute pleasure to be able to walk just a few steps down the Shire path to see some of the best art shared by so many people.
You never know what you’ll run into at art walk. As I wandered around admiring so much talent a caterpillar passed on by with a few riders.
There is so much amazing art going on that I cannot possibly share it all with you. I HIGHLY recommend you come and check out the talent of so many people, pick up some free artwalk swag at the Tree Stump Swag Area, as well as check out the Shire’s Calendar of events for various art related parties/performances/etc.
Art! On A Hedge!
Important Info To Know:
The Raglan Shire Artwalk 2014 will be around until Sunday May 25th. You can visit the Official Raglan Shire Webpage for more information.
Raglan Shire Calendar Of Events
Don’t know what Second Life is? Want to be a part of SL so you can go to such amazing events like Artwalk? Then visit the official Second Life website for more information.
I want to thank those who have worked so hard to put on this years artwalk. From the people who set it all up, to the artists, to those that make it all run smoothly. Thank you for all you do!
Do you like Art?
SURE WE ALL DO!!
The Raglan Shire Art Walk is almost upon us! The art walk is a non-juried show that allows artists of all levels to showcase their artwork in Second Life. It’s open to all artists from anywhere on the grid & I highly suggest that, if you’re an artist, come and showcase your masterpieces.
I absolutely LOVE going to the art walk every year. It’s such a big event that introduces you to so many talented people as well as events and, of course, ART!
If you’re interested in showcasing your art then you can apply HERE. You have until Sunday April 27th at 9pm SLT. Not an artist? Then don’t fret! You can come and enjoy the show from some of the best artists in Second Life. This years show will run from Sunday May 4th through Sunday May 25th.
Need more info on this years Raglan Shire Art Walk 2014? You can check out their website for more information. I’ve also placed a sign at my in-world office that you can click for links and more information.
Spread the word about ART!
Info On The Raglan Shire Art Walk 2014:
Registration closes on Sunday April 27th at 9pm SLT
SLurl To my office where I’ve placed a sign with information.
The Art Walk will run from May 4th – May 25th
I want to thank Karmagirl Avro, Artwalk Director and the
Artwalk Assistants: Dagmar Klaar & Liandras Jameson for all of their hard work to put together this years walk.
One of the greatest events….
Yes..I am using the word “greatest” because I honestly feel it is….
in Second Life is happening this weekend.
No..it’s not a club holding a “best in red” event. No…it doesn’t involve shopping.
On Saturday November 30th at 1pm SLT the tinies of the Raglan Shire are holding a Talent Show. I absolutely LOVE the talent show because it’s so much fun to see Second Life residents come together & share the things that they do best.
Last year we saw death-defying feats, singing, storytelling, fiddle playing spiders & so much more. (You can watch the video highlighting last years talent show on youtube.) I actually sang a blues song that Bishop & I wrote together. I’m signed up to perform this year & I hope, with the holiday & visitors, that I’ll still be able to perform with Bishop in this years show.
It is really worth checking out because it has to be one of my favorite events of the year. Instead of people using some sort of “woooooo” gesture while dancing around in a club we get to see the people behind the avatar using their real talents.
Just like Sesame Street taught us it doesn’t matter what you do or how you sound because everyone is welcome to watch or participate.
So…This Saturday November 30th in the Raglan Shire don’t miss the Talent Show from 1-3pm SLT. It’s well worth it.
Links/Information You Should Know:
*The landmark to the talent show doesn’t come out until Saturday before the show. You can go to the Shire & find your way to the Talent Show, Check The Friends Of The Raglan Shire group, or ask any tiny you see for directions. You can always hit me up in-world for a landmark that day if needed.
November is here but in the world of the Raglan Shire November becomes Showvember. A time of the turkey armies, wild roaming giraffe, giant bouncy pies, & so many different activities!
First place you need to start your Showvember tour is in the heart of the Shire square. There you will find a stage area set up for various month events as well as leaf piles to roll around in, pies to jump on, & a slew of animals. The turkeys look like they are gathering together to discuss the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday. I’ve sat in on a few of these meetings, being a vegetarian & all. So far it’s just been a lot of gobbling.
I have been trying to work with the roaming giraffe on his manners. Maybe get him to let me ride him around. Or at least pet him. So far he’s just done his best to try & run me over. It’s a start.
Do you enjoy fashion? Models who eat waffles instead of a piece of lettuce? If you do then I suggest checking out the 5th Annual Raglan Shire Tiny Fashion Show. Tinies modeling the latest in tiny fashion chic. Not a tiny? Come check it out anyways! If you just flat-out enjoy fashion shows in Second Life with a fun twist then it’s well worth putting on your fancy duds & checking out November 18th at noon SLT.
Into watching variety talent shows in-world? Dig singing, dancing, jokes, & more? Then check out the 6th Annual Raglan Shire Talent Show coming up on November 25th at noon SLT! This years theme is “Flea Club”. Think of it as glee club with tinies.
I recommend that all avies both big & small check out the events calendar for various event times throughout the month of Showvember. Or just bring your entire virtual family to the Shire to take a spin on the bouncing pies or chase a turkey around. It’s G rated entertainment so it’s fitting for anyone!
I enjoy sharing various events on Second Life that I deem interesting to visit. Large events that are educational, helpful, fun, & interesting are what I always look for. Things that don’t involve shopping go high on the list because, although I really enjoy many of the fairs that involving shopping, you kinda want something that takes you away from the commerce sector of Second Life.
I really need to design a “Tipsy Approved” seal.
The Raglan Shire Artwalk 2012 just opened on May 6th & runs until the 27th of this month. On display is real life artwork as well as virtual art, sculptures, & photography. I highly recommend checking this out if you are into real life & Second Life artwork. My favorite area of the exhibit is the Second Life sculptures. I am always in awe over virtual sculptures. The creativity of virtual residents in the art world never ceases to amaze me. Be sure to have enough time to walk around the entire walk as it is pretty large.
Although the artwalk is housed on the tiny sims it is for avatars of all sizes. Please be sure to come out & check out the various artwork that was created by other virtual residents!
The artwalk runs from now until May 27th.